Monday, March 22, 2010

funky belts

This was a playing around a bit week. Along with my painting business, I have a home party business with my friend. At the last show we found these funky belt buckles. We had to order a few and see what we could do with them so ...

The one above had beautiful soft colors. I pulled out a few of those colors and combined ribbons to make the strap.


This one was really fun ... I made a strap with the solid black ribbon with a black gingham ribbon down the center. I then took bits and pieces of ribbons, buttons and trims and randomly attached them. It came out kind of wild but I think it's fun.



This one has the black and white floral ribbon with the black trim on the front. It is backed with the same ribbon but in orange and white.

I love this animal print ribbon ... I liked the way it looked with the buckle. I added a complimentary animal print for the loop and two suede flowers with pearl buttons.

I didn't forget about Cottage Flair this week. I found this very unusual piece a few weeks ago. Someone told me what it is called but I forgot. The front lifts down to a desk. I still need to add a nice knob ... It's hand painted and distressed. I love the detail on it and the beveled mirror. (Excuse the photos in my messy workshop. I haven't moved it to our store yet).




Thanks for visiting ...

12 comments:

Lisa McDonald said...

Jennifer

Love the buckles, and that piece of furniture is awesome.

Lisa
http://www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

All is so-o-o-o pretty!!
The desk is so nice & I really like it painted white!!
Have a Wonderful Week!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo
p.s. I always called these pieces "ladies secretary desks" because they were so delicate....

Susie said...

Wow Jennifer, beautiful!! Very colorful and fun. The 'secretary' is right up my alley. I am always drawn to them. Nice show and tell.
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Antique-Boutique said...

Hi Jennifer,

Love what you have done with the belts but ahem...I don't remember where my waist is :>)

Your piece of furniture is called a "Drop Front Desk". I love it painted white! Most likely there is solid oak under the paint. A very well know furniture maker named Larkin made this style of furniture.

Love it!
Debbie

gail said...

Hi Jennifer,, great show and tell this week. I love the buckles and what you did with them are adorable!The furniture is gorgeous too! You have been busy. :) Thats a good thing.
Happy creating,, gal

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Jennifer,

Those belts are so cute!! Love the desk too. Have a great week!

Carrie

Janet L Christian said...

love all those buckles

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Jennifer,

I love those belts! I swear I've not seen anything like those before! And I adore that new furniture you have. I can't wait to see how it's being transformed!!

Pei Li

Amore Artisan Boutique said...

Love the belts! I am so jealous about piece of furniture what a great find!
Have a great week
hugs sassy gail of thesassybeach.com

Mary Patterson said...

Just LOVE those belts - I'm sure they will sell well! And the 'drop front secretary' is quite stunning - what a find!
Mary Patterson
Mary's Cottage Treasures

Nishant said...

The belts are great,
post free classified ads

Nishant said...

Love the buckles, and that piece of furniture is awesome.
Adsense Alternative